Donut Hole Love Arrows
Valentines Day week! We had a heap of fun doing a ‘Galentines Day’ shoot with the amazing ladies at Our Collective Muse last week and we cannot wait to share that with everyone! In the meantime, we wanted to share some of the crafts and snacks we put together for the shoot so check out our blog every day this week for something new and exciting. First up we have some donut hole love arrows! We were inspired by the talented people at Squirrely Minds and had fun following their instructions and adding a few little touches of our own 🙂
- gold sparkle paper (Michaels)
- long skinny dowels or bamboo skewers (Michaels)
- hot glue gun
- pencil or pen
- donut holes! Find a local bakery or grab some at Tims
- Gather all of your supplies together. Depending on when you are serving these, you may want to prep some of the craft materials and grab the donuts closer to the event.
- Create your shapes (here are mine if you want!) and trace them on the back of your sparkle paper. You will need two shapes of each per arrow.
- Hot glue the arrow tail to the skewer. I glued the skewer to one side first and then connected each side of the tail together with glue on each edge. Next slide the donuts onto the skewer. We used three per arrow but mix it up if you want more/less! And then repeat this process with the heart arrowheads to finish it up.
- Voila! I found that I could twist the heart arrowhead off to enjoy it rather than break the skewer but do what makes you happy! 🙂